Followers

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Counter


View My Stats

Osteoporosis Awareness

Posted by dheiyzhie12 Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yesterday morning when I turned on the TV "Salamat Doc" topic is about osteoporosis. I've been hearing about this disease for a long time but I am just ignoring it. I guess now that I am not getting younger I am more conscious of my health. Specially those diseases that are common for woman. Early this year I was able to finish the last dosage of Cervical Cancer Vaccine. 

Osteoporosis is a disease of the bone. It is a condition characterized by a decrease in the density of the bone, decreasing its strength and resulting in fragile bones. As we grow older we are getting more prone to this disease. According to the doctor this is a silent disease. You will never know you have it until you get fracture. We need  more intake of calcium as we age that is why supplements are recommended. Vitamin C and D are also needed for  better absorption of calcium.

They feature a woman who was taking steroids for about 20 years because of lupus. Her bones got weaker because of the intake of steroid and her body is deteriorated. Her body structure becomes smaller, she has deformed limbs, she has a hard time walking and her back has a hump. With the new technology doctors can now check the density of our bone through DEXA Scan. This process can only take around 15minutes and this will help doctors analyze if we are in danger of osteoporosis. I wonder how much would it cost to have that scan. I hope it will be part of our APE (Annual Physical Exam) at work.

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

Hi! I am Daisy. A mother of two kids, Ron David & Rhaine Danielle. I made this blog to share my experiences as a wife and a mom. Also to be able to learn from all other ladies out there.

To all mothers out there I salute you!

Send a Cup of Coffee

Labels

Activity (3) Appliances (1) Baby (16) Bank (1) Beauty and the Beast (1) Birthday (1) birthday party (1) Books (2) business (1) Cartoons (3) Celebration (4) Christmas (1) Church (1) Clothing (1) Coin bank (1) Costume (1) cough (1) Discipline (1) DVD (1) Emotion (1) Event (6) Eye (1) Family (14) Family Time (1) fever (1) Financial (2) Food (1) Foundation Day (1) Gadgets (3) Games (1) Gift (1) Gifts (1) Halloween (1) Harrell Horne (1) Health (21) House (1) Inspirational (6) Interior Design (1) Jollibee (1) Kids (89) Lion King (1) Love (3) Marriage (7) Medicine (2) Milk (1) Money (3) Monthly Test (1) movie (3) Music (1) Party (1) Poem (4) Primary one (1) Quotations (3) Remedy (1) Savings (2) School (51) sm bacoor (1) Song (1) Sports (1) Stye (2) Summer (2) Summer Activity (1) Swim Wear (1) Theater (1) Ticket (1) Toys (5) Travel (4) trick or treat (1) Tuition Fee (1) Vaccine (2) Wife (1) Women (5) work (1)

Click & Earn